Clarion-Goldfield-Dows Elementary Announcements
1. Today is Thursday, March 23, 2017. It is Day 1. School dismisses at 1:30pm today. Parent-Teacher conferences are from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. There is no school on Friday!
2. Happy birthday to Audrey! Celebrating on Friday are Cristian and Alison. Celebrating on Saturday is Jeffrey and celebrating on Sunday are Alianna, Nathan and Mrs. Cero!
3. Park and Recreation News: Tom Simmons would like students to get their registration forms in as soon as possible for the following summer programs:
3 & 4 year old Preschool Blast Ball - $20 registration fee
PrepK & Kindergarten Rag Ball - $25 registration fee
1st & 2nd Grade Tee Ball - $30.00 registration fee
3rd & 4th Grade Boys’ Baseball Minor League - $30.00 registration fee
5th & 6th Grade Boys’ Little League - $30.00 registration fee
1st – 5th Grade Girls Softball - $30.00 registration fee
Please make checks payable to the City of Clarion. For more information, please contact Tom at 532-2482.
4. There will be a Daddy Daughter Dance on April 1, 2017. All daughters and their daddies (or a father figure) are welcome to join in on the fun. There is a $15 charge per family if you RSVP. If you plan to pay at the door the fee is $20 per family. This charge includes the admission into the dance, a 4x6 photo and one snack and one drink per person. There will also be fun games. Additional photos can be taken and ordered separately. The dance will be held at the high school on April 1st from 6pm to 8pm. Formal attire is requested. RSVP’s are due by March 30th.
5. The Math Night Committee would like everyone to consider dropping some coins into the jars you see in the hallway each morning before school!! This is a competition between the grade levels!! Thursday will be the last collection day!! All the money will be donated to the Leader in Me fund. And….there may even be a sweet treat for the winning grade!!
6. Please join the 4th grade students and the Wax Museum on Tuesday, March 28th, 2:00pm to 3:00pm in the multipurpose room. 4th graders have researched and read about a person that has had an impact in the world. They will have a short prepared speech and will be dressed as the person they learned about.
7. Spring pictures and payment allows parents to have several options:
1. Pay online and return any pictures they don’t buy - return payment envelope to school with online payment code
2. Pay for full packet - keep pictures and send payment to school
3. Pay for partial packet and return any pictures they don’t buy
4. Return the full packet of pictures
Lifetouch will pick up money and packets the following days: Monday, March 27th and Monday, April 3rd.
8. Senior Ana Johnson would like to thank the students and families who helped collect crayons for her Senior Life Project. Overall, she collected 32 pounds of crayons!
Lunch Menu for Monday, March 27th: soft shell taco, lettuce/cheese, diced tomatoes/salsa, refried beans, pineapple tidbits and a cookie.
Thursday, March 23rd: 1:30pm dismissal for parent-teacher conferences. Conferences are from 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
Friday, March 24th: There is no school
Thursday, March 30th: Elementary Math Night
Great things happen at Clarion-Goldfield-Dows Elementary!